Thursday, September 22, 2011

russian honeys

Turns out the version of Pictures at the Exhibition that we know and love is actually an arrangement by Ravel. And Mussorgsky was some sad alco.
Anyway here it is. You may recognise the horn line in Promenade from a finance company ad. The whole suite reminds me of school orchestra rehearsals, but i still enjoy it.

One of my favourite things is finding out that people have talents I didn't know about, like when Wigram hero Jim Anderton saved a man's life by using his wife's scarf as a tourniquet (truth). Similarly impressive, Alexander Borodin not only wrote Prince Igor but was also a behemoth of chemistry. All I remember is that he discovered the Borodin reaction. I can't remember what the Borodin reaction is. Oh what could have been if I had pursued chem

No comments:

Post a Comment