Monday, January 17, 2011

moods of norway man


I forced myself to smile all day today. I mean I forgot for 10 minutes here and there and I stopped once I got home, but that's still perhaps a 10,000% increase in time spent smiling. Also I wasn't hare krishna smiling, just muted enigmatic smiling. It was weird and unnatural at first and my face was aching pretty bad by 8am, but it kind of locked up after that. I noticed that more people spoke to me than usual, maybe a 50% increase. Also they were noticably friendlier to me except for that ginger dickhead who is new and probably feels insecure and is taking it out on the service staff. Way to go chump.
Anyway the results were surprising. I always thought it was fucking dumb to pretend to be happy, but my fake-smiling actually made me feel calmer overall. Composed. Sphinx-like. Perhaps I could spin it out into some bogus self-help technique.
I mean there's definately a place for death-stares, like quite a lot of places, but I probably don't need to do them all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment