Tuesday, August 17, 2010

25Kg limit on Air NZ domestic flights. That's the limit of what I own. Hoping to stay here for more than a year. Might get around to owning some more things. I used to collect stamps, stationary, coins, gemstones, stickers, hello kitty paraphernalia, feathers, bad novels for teenage girls and god knows what else. When I was a little kid I mean. I feel embarrassed and claustrophobic about it now.
But I think it would be safe to let myself have a small collection of shirts with vertical stripes on them and pairs of unfashionably cut black jeans. Those are my favourite things to wear. And a shelf of books, if I only bought second-hand paperback editions of books which are interesting enough to give away to a friend once I've read them. I think that could be viable. And spices, they don't take up much room and they don't last forever. Perhaps even all of the ingredients that the Vegetarian Adventure Cookbook suggests the reader have in his or her pantry. All in nice glass jars. God people with nice things must feel so safe and good all the time. I sometimes think that behind every nice person there must be lots of nice things. I would like to be a nice person.

No comments:

Post a Comment