Saturday, September 18, 2010

I had an idea for a piece to contribute to a group 'zine. I was going to get my diaries from when I was 16 and get my boyfriend, who is currently that age, to read them and write a commentary on them. All I thought about was the incredible symmetry it would have and the emotional response that it would elicit. Then after about five minutes I realised how fucking horrible it would be to do that as i know it would really upset him to read those particular memoirs. I felt like shit for even considering it. I told my sister about it last night and she said that she frequently has ideas for art projects that would be unthinkably unethical. Which made me feel better.

STUDY QUESTIONS
a) Can 'unethical' art be 'good' art?
b) What do you do when you're finished with over-sharing?
b.ii) Is basically fucking the internet a valid art form anyway?
c) Why do people always ask me if I like Tracey Emin?

No comments:

Post a Comment