Saturday, September 11, 2010

sick day.

woke up around seven with jaw, throat, tongue and gums swollen beyond recognition. went up stairs to bathroom with great difficulty. winced my way through half a glass of water. texted my sister. thought about texting my boyfriend but figured he wouldn't be awake yet. started crying out of fear and pain and indignation that my old warhorse of a body was in such a bad way. my carcass that can take three bottles of wine and hasn't been sick for years. exhausted myself and took a short nap. got up and slurred to Carwyn around my bulbous tongue that I was really sick. showered briefly and walked to pharmacy with him. mimed symptoms to effusive pharmacist. received antihistamines, aspirin and no reassurance whatsoever. slept uneasily around texts from Benedict all afternoon. Claire came over with cake, by which time my throat had gone down enough to eat it. will try to go to work tomorrow. also will try not to take health for granted ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment